For Gillion (the Multi-Concept Blog/Magazine & Shop WordPress Theme) to properly work, it needs the WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer) and the Unison plugins. In a clients’ page, they did not get the message prompting to install the required plugins and could not find it again. Unison is available through WordPress Plugin Directory so that was easy to setup. On the other hand, WPBakery (and the Revolution slider) it is not available through the directory as it is a commercial product. After reading through the support forums we realised that they should not need to make a separate purchase of the plugin, the theme will be able to pull it automatically from a CDN of shufflehound (without getting support from the WPBakery team).
Solution: In case you are facing the same issue, you can find the installation link under the left side menu Appearance where a new option will be available called Install Plugins (the link will be similar to this http://example.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=tgmpa-install-plugins). We installed for them the two required plugins and their theme was operational.
When we tried to add the code in the JetPack site verification page (https://example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=jetpack#/traffic) we got the following error: Error updating settings. Invalid parameter(s): pinterest (Status 400).
To resolve the issue, we just added a space character right before the end of the tag /> and our code became:
The code in this article can be used to create a WPMLlanguage switcher that will be attached at the bottom of a specific WordPress menu. Each Language will be a sub-menu item of a new menu item named Languages.
You should add this code to your theme’s functions.php file. It is highly recommended to add this change to the functions.php of child theme.
Choosing which languages to show
By default, the following code will be showing ALL available languages, including the currently active one. We did that as we only have two languages in our website and it would weird to: (a) have only one sub-menu item in the Languages menu item or (b) remove the Languages menu item and place the inactive language item directly on the menu.
To show only the inactive languages, change the line that contains $showActive = true; to $showActive = false;.
Choosing which menu to show the languages on
To choose the menu on which you want the languages to appear in, you need to set the value of $themeLocation = 'main'; to the theme location that the menu has in your current theme.
For the default WordPress themes (Twenty Sixteen, Twenty Fifteen, etc.) setting the value to primary as follows $themeLocation = 'primary'; will add the languages to the main menu.
For the customizr theme (this also works for the pro version), setting the value to main as follows $themeLocation = 'main'; will add the languages to the main menu.
For other themes, you need to find the name of the menu you want to append the languages to. To do so change the line $showMenuName = false; to $showMenuName = true;. This will print at the beginning of your menu the location of the menu inside the theme using a <pre> tag. Copy that value to the $themeLocation variable, change the $showMenuName back to $showMenuName = false; and you are done.
After clicking on the Manage Ads button at the configuration page (http://example.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=GooglePublisherPlugin) we would get an error that another theme had set the active ads and that the plugin cannot proceed to modify them unless they are disabled from the other theme (Specifically we would get the following error: Due to a theme change, ads are not being shown. Please reconfigure your ads or restore the previous theme.).
(a) Disabling the plugin, (b) Uninstalling the plugin (c) Reconnecting with another AdSense account did not help at all.
What we did at the end was to remove the GooglePublisherPlugin entry from the wp_option database of our installation.
DELETE FROM `MyDatabase`.`wp_options` WHERE `option_name` = "GooglePublisherPlugin";
Next time we visited the configuration page, we were disconnected from the previous account and we had to reconnect.
After reconnecting, we followed the configuration procedure, we pressed the Manage Ads button, the website was analyzed, we got the confirmation message and we clicked on the Save & Activate button to store the changes.
For a few hours, no ads were shown on the site. We did not take any action and on the next day that ads started appearing as expected.