Recently we tried to create a
Jar file from
IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 using
After building the artifact, we got the error
no main manifest attribute, in $FILE.jar while executing the
jar file created by
After extracting the jar we observed that there was a manifest file but not the one that was specified while creating the artifact.
After some serious
google-fu, we got to the following bug ticket.
IntelliJ does not read the manifest file that is located in the
Working Solution: As suggested in the ticket, we moved the
META-INF folder to
src/main/resources and rebuild the artifact.
This post is also available in: Αγγλικα