Reference Number: DBA2016
XM, a well-established CySEC regulated investment firm, is seeking to recruit a high calibre, self-motivated professional to join its IT team!
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Setting up, configuring, testing, deploying and supporting Oracle Linux systems
- Making provisions for high availability where necessary
- Setting up and administering MySQL databases
- Advising and supporting development teams for efficient database interaction
- Participating in data flow design
- Understanding network design, routing, Unix VLAN configuration, bonding, network utilities, etc.
- Performing routine program modifications, performance analysis and tuning, problem solving, debugging and unit testing
- Working with various managers and cross functional team members in gathering business requirements and providing system solutions to meet business needs.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in IT
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Oracle Linux/Unix systems. RHEL Certifications or any other Unix ones will be considered a plus
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with MySQL. MySQL Certifications will be considered a plus
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with networking technologies, such as VPNs and switched VLANs, as well as networking equipment (preferably Cisco)
- Oracle Certified Professional Certification will be a plus
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-driven with ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
- Ability to use own initiative, prioritize and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Type of employment: Full time
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Please forward us your CV to [email protected] quoting the above job reference number.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality!